Thursday, June 11, 2009

Marissa's trip

There are so many things I could write about today. I could write about a friend having surgery today, and praying it all went well. I could write about Alabama being put on probation yet again, leaving the window of "repeat offender" open until 2014. I could write about the passing of a great swim coach at Auburn.

I choose to write about my daughter's trip.

As you may or may not know, our second daughter departed this morning for Nairobe, Kenya. She is part of a mission team that will be in Mwingi working with Real Life Church in nearby Kamuwongo (about 2 hours drive from Nairobe). This is the first Christian Church to be built in that area of Kenya, and they have just over 50 members.

My daughter's team will be supplying food, medical aid and education to the children of that area.

Attached are photos of the church building as of yesterday, the mission team from South Carolina, and the symbol/logo that is on the team's t-shirt.

Needless to say, mom and dad are hoping she and the team stay safe, accomplish much, and have a life changing experience.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and support.




No comments: