Tuesday, November 20, 2007

War Eagle from Korea

It is 3:52 a.m. Tuesday morning at home. For me, it is 5:52 p.m. on Tuesday evening. I am sitting in the Korean Air Lounge at the Incheon International Airport in Seoul, Korea. I arrived from Atlanta about an hour ago, and will be departing for Shanghai, China in an hour and a half.

It's Iron Bowl week, and I am looking at a clay bowl of Kimchi. But just so you know that I have my game face on, I am wearing a navy blue sport shirt with an orange "A-U" on it. And yes, I have gotten a few comments.

One of the flight attendants on my 15 1/4 hour flight from Atlanta to Seoul (yes....over 15 hours!!) was a Tennessee Vol. She knew what my shirt stood for. Her only concern, however, was why we didn't help them out by beating the dawgs. My response was, "you have to help yourself out, and you almost didn't do that against Vandy!"

One thing we agreed on, however. Neither of us like the Tide. Now, I don't really know what's going on back home as we get geared up for the Iron Bowl on Saturday. But I can tell you...I am half way around the world, and I am bringing it! So if I can bring it in Seoul.....and in just a few hours be bringing in Communist China.....then ya'll can get ready to bring it at home.

I fly in on Friday, and will be at the ballgame on Saturday.

From Seoul....War Eagle!

WJLaneSR

No comments: