Sunday, December 7, 2008

Past week has been a Pain!

The past 8 days have not only been a whirlwind filled with topics waiting for discourse and diatribe, they have also been days of pain. Literally.

Oh, I could write about the humiliating defeat in Tuscalooserville, but that isn’t the pain I am talking about. And sure, I could pontificate about the he-said/they-said/what-happened saga of Tommy Tuberville. But that also isn’t the pain about which I write. For you see, during the week following the crushing and embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Nicolodian Tide, just after Tommy Tuberville was no longer the head football coach at Auburn, I had to be taken to the hospital.

As most of you know, I am a huge Auburn fan. But it wasn’t the misery and melancholy of “Post-Iron Bowl-Syndrome” that sent me to sickbay.

Rather, if I am keeping count correctly, and I think I am, I gave birth to my 15th kidney stone. And the labor was excruciating.

There is nothing like sitting in the emergency room “corral” waiting to be called, while having waves of nauseating pain emanating from one’s kidney and engulfing the body, making it’s way out through the mouth in the form of wails and moans while dozens of equally miserable human beings look on. And for the record, this went on for about an hour before I was seen.

The pain medication was not only relief from the kidney stone pain, but also from the surrounding misery as well. After taking me back for a CAT scan, the doctor informed me that Christmas was coming early. That indeed it WAS the season of advent and expectation. That I had something to look forward to. I had the gift that keeps on giving. Doctor Good-News told me that the CAT scan showed I had two more kidney stones in my right kidney….as compared to the left one which was why I was in the hospital in the first place!!

Merry Christmas!! Gifts to look forward to!!

And as for Auburn’s coaching search? Let’s get a good one and get it over with. I can’t stand many more pains in the side.

War Eagle!

WJLaneSR

No comments: