Monday, September 20, 2010

The Toilet Game

I am finally recovering from a looong weekend in Auburn. With the sweet aftertaste of a glorious come-from-behind overtime win against those South Carolina felines, I have finally taken a deep breath to clear my mind.

Now, what to blog???

Frankly, after this weekend I just couldn’t keep John Lennon out of my mind. After all, the weekend WAS a little Helter Skelter, especially there at the end.

But that isn’t the reason I have had the late Beatle singing in my ears.
No. Rather, it is because our regular tailgating spot has (at least temporarily) closed their bathrooms to the paying public. That’s right….although we pay to park in their lot and have been able to use their facilities for the past 8 years while doing so, with no warning, the bathrooms are now off limits. Closed, go away, this is a no wee-wee zone.

Where to go when nature calls? I mean….where to go when you gotta go??? Cross legged tailgating ain’t much fun! Not to mention that you don't really BUY adult cold beverages, you RENT them!

Did someone say Clemson has a lake and Auburn needs one?

After much fussing and debate, we were finally able to use the bathroom for a short period of time. I have to say, though, that a tailgate without a toilet is like a dam during a flood. Something's gotta give!

I’m sure the founding fathers meant for us to have Life, Liberty, Toilets and the pursuit of Happiness!

Heck, there was a time on Saturday afternoon that I was even willing to put down the seat without having to be reminded for just a little bit of relief…

Which brings me to John Lennon.

Lennon wrote a song entitled “Imagine”. As I was trying to figure out where I was going to use the bathroom, the song just kind of came to me, albeit with different words:

Imagine there’s no bathroom
It’s easy if you try
No stalls to hold us
Makes us want to cry
Imagine all the people
Peeing in the street
You may say just try and hold it
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday they’ll reopen
So our tailgating can return to fun!


‘til next time,

WJLaneSR

1 comment:

d patterson said...

hey, this has potential....

how about "happiness is a warm _____", or if they don't reoppen them, "here, there, and everywhere", or "you won't see me"?

great game, very impressive!